Apparently, even the big ones can't be saved from the virus. Next, the history of a scientist who was visiting the town of this well-known restaurant:
“When I was in England in May I tried to get reservations at Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck. Whether is was my profession or that it was actually busy, I do not know. However, now more than 500 diners who suffered food poisoning after eating at the Fat Duck restaurant have been offered a free meal.
A norovirus outbreak hit the Michelin-starred establishment in Berkshire for six weeks in January and February. Although the restaurant denied lapses in its food preparation, health investigators criticised its response in a recent report. During the norovirus outbreak, diners reported bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea.
In its report released earlier this month, the Health Protection Agency said the norovirus was probably introduced via shellfish. But it said the outbreak of food poisoning was worsened by the Bray restaurant's "delayed response". Investigators noted several weaknesses in the restaurant's procedures at the establishment in Bray which may have lead to the spread of the virus. These included a delayed response to the illness, staff working when they should have been off sick and the use of the wrong environmental cleaning products.
Seems to be that some chefs are more worrying about superficial things and not of the essential ones, like the hygiene.
Aporte: Gabriel I. Zeballos Romero